Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Started my new wiki

This afternoon I started a wiki and was pleasantly suprised how user friendly the instructions and site were (wetpaint). This is not my first wiki but certainly the easiest one to join and navigate around the site. On a previous wiki the students in a course I was doing all had to make posts concerning how to improve the course we were doing at the time. It started of very well but eventually some students formed groups and flooded/hyjacked the wiki. So I believe that wikis are a fantastic tool for collaborative learning, however, they need to be moderated in one form or another.

Michael

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    I definitely agree that Wikis should be moderated by the learning managers when in an educational context. There would need to be strict rules governing its use. Toni

    ReplyDelete